Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Domestic Field Service Technician to join our team. This position is based in Tinton Falls, NJ.
The Domestic Field Service Technician will provide equipment start-up services, troubleshooting and repair, system optimization, and training assistance to Eaton Filtration personnel and customers at plant sites and offices in the NAFTA Region. The incumbent will advise customers and provide the best technical solution to solve the customer issue onsite, via phone and email. Also required, complete assigned jobs with assistance from product engineers, conduct required tests and calibration using test equipment, check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Troubleshoot and repair Eaton Filtration equipment to ensure our customers receive a superior level of service, determining root cause analysis on any product failure
- Assure proper operation of Eaton equipment installation by providing commissioning and startup services
- Conduct training seminars on the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment for customers, representatives and employees
- Review and evaluate the installation of Eaton equipment prior to start-up to confirm all of the necessary steps have been taken to assure proper operation
- Communicate product design changes for the improvement of Eaton equipment
- Maintain and prepare Filtration Rental equipment for customer rentals
- Provide backup assistance to the Global Field Service Technician and Laboratory Technician as required
- Support customers via phone, email or in person with technical questions, pricing requests on spare parts, or general Filtration questions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma is required
- Minimum one year experience in machinery repair and maintenance
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Tinton Falls, NJ. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Skilled in machinery maintenance and repair and solid understanding of the fundamentals of pressure equipment and electrical wiring
- Knowledgeable of general industrial installations and fluid conveyance equipment
- Ability to read and analyze engineering drawings and operating manuals
- Ability to professionally and effectively present product information in written reports or verbally to individuals or groups in challenging situations
- Ability to read and interpret PLC wiring diagrams, control narratives and P&ID Drawings
Position Success Criteria:
- High travel position with opportunities for extended trips (greater than 3 days). Ability to travel domestically up to 75%, with some International travel requirements
- Strong mechanical aptitude and communication skills
- May be exposed to working conditions beyond those normally experienced in an office or shop environment, e.g. outside work; hot, wet, customer process plant environments, etc.
- Customers may require special safety training, criminal background check and drug screening tests
- Customer requirements may limit facial hair (e.g. beards and mustache)
- Position will encounter unique problems and require autonomous action to achieve customer satisfaction
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time