Our Centre for Intelligent Power located at Eaton’s global headquarters in Dublin, applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing groundbreaking technology that’s going to power next generation of futuristic products and services. Our multidisciplinary team of data scientists, engineers, UX/UI designers are developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning.
We’re continuing to expand the organisation and as a result we’re now recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer.
Your key deliverables:
• Work with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, development, and testing of prototype and pre-production firmware and software
• Support methods for data input/output, networking, digital signal processing, and transducer integration while ensuring security
• Recommend, set up, integrate, and utilize development environments and frameworks as required for business and data engineering needs
• Recommend and set up appropriate performance monitoring solutions; author and implement based on the results
• Document and demonstrate solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments
• Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
• Author high-quality, highly-performance, unit-tested code based on business and data engineering needs and participate in code reviews
• Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems
• Mentor others in the use of your tools and techniques
Do you have:
• Minimum of a Bachelor or higher degree(s) in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering
• 2+ years of progressive experience in developing and designing ARM/x86-based firmware and software
• 1+ years of experience in the software industry as a developer with a proven track record of delivering high quality products
• 1+ years of experience designing and developing IoT and cloud-based software architectures, platforms, and frameworks
• Ability to translate complex technical requirements into a set of modular functional blocks designed for efficient use of memory, processing, and energy resources.
• Solid understanding of C/C++/Python and associated IDEs (Eclipse, uVision, System Studio, Visual Studio, PyCharm, etc.)
• Broad Linux expertise covering makefiles, CMake, cross-compilation, debugging, code coverage, unit testing, automation, and shell scripting
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
• Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
• Experience building and extending libraries to support software functionality needs of other roles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts and solutions
• Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
• Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
• Wired/wireless communications, networking, and transport protocols, service layers, message queues, and related technologies (WLAN, Bluetooth, mesh, cellular technologies, Ethernet/IPv4/IPv6, UDP, TCP, RDP, SNMP, Modbus, MQTT, ZeroMQ, AMQP, OPC UA)
• Cybersecurity best practices, information and physical security, authentication, authorisation, and attestation
• Digital signal processing and transducer technologies e.g. sensor and actuator integration, discovery, & control, analysis, and low-latency decision control loop approaches
• IoT/controller ARM/x86-based microcontroller development expertise
• Fog/Edge computing experience e.g. edge devices, gateways, basestations, and small cells targeting industrial IoT, Industry 4.0, smart cities, smart grids, and 5G
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time