Our Centre for Intelligent Power located at Eaton’s global headquarters in Dublin, applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing groundbreaking technology that’s going to power next generation of futuristic products and services. Our multidisciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, UX/UI designers are developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning.
We’re continuing to expand the organisation and now recruiting a Data Science Specialist who will be directly involved in leading the development of machine learning, statistics, and analytic approaches to answer challenging business questions. This work will help businesses across the enterprise solve critical business problems, uncover new business opportunities, and turn their large volumes of data into valuable, actionable insights.
You will be part of a global world class innovation team and will interact with many different business units in EMEA. leadership agenda.
Your key deliverables:
- Derive, interpret and effectively deliver the results of data analysis
- Understand traditional and new data analysis methods
- Utilize a broad range of techniques in machine learning, data mining, statistics, and big data interrogation methods
- Work directly with business stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems
- Mentor other Data Scientists of the team and provide input on future technical directions for Eaton
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions
- Assist other engineering teams with their data science initiatives
Do you have?
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or physics
- 3 to 6 years’ experience after Ph. D or else 7+ years of industrial experience
- Familiarity with Python, R, and/or other programming languages
- Previous experience in developing and designing technology solutions
- Practical applications or machine learning or statistics to diagnostics, prognostics, pattern detection, data mining, etc.
- Knowledge of linear algebra, probability, calculus
- Experience in Design Thinking or human-centered methods
Advanced degree and/or specialization in related discipline (e.g. machine learning)
- Knowledge of big data platforms (Hadoop, Azure, etc.)
Experience preparing big data infrastructures, integrating data from disparate systems, and cleansing data
- Experience with visualization techniques
Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning to large-scale industrial data
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries and frameworks such as (scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time