Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Our Centre for Intelligent Power located at Eaton’s global headquarters in Dublin, applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing groundbreaking technology that’s going to power next generation of futuristic products and services. Our multidisciplinary team of data scientists engineers, UX/UI designers are developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning.
We’re continuing to expand our organisation and are now recruiting a Senior Front End Engineer who will help direct our front end approach and have a significant impact on all the interfaces our organisation need to build, from short-term demos to flagship platforms and applications. By working closely with our engineers, data scientists and design team you will build amazing UI interfaces while using best in class design and development practices and methodologies.
Your key deliverables:
- Take ownership of the entire front-end process and pipeline for all UI work
Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions and work closely with UI/UX, project owners and stakeholders to develop thrilling UI experiences
- Be a champion for the end user in all interface development work
- Explore and recommend new tools and processes which can be leveraged across the front-end pipeline for capabilities and efficiencies
- Provide support and advice for different teams (data engineering, AI, UI/UX) on UI development approaches
- Understand and promote industry best practice
Do you have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Advanced CSS knowledge and experience styling custom and isolated components
- Experience consuming APIs to build data-driven UI
- Testing (Unit/integration) and bundling (Webpack/Rollup/Gulp) experience
- Excellent communication (verbal, presentation, documentation) skills, working with teams that are geographically dispersed, to produce solutions that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
- Codepen / Github examples of previous UI work or similar
- Experience working with and/or building a design system
- Experience building end-to-end solutions utilising back-end development and/or database driven functionality
- Experimenting with animation, transitions and 3D modelling (ThreeJS)
- Experience building custom sites on WordPress or other CMS platforms
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time