Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Our Centre for Intelligent Power located at Eaton’s global headquarters in Dublin, applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing groundbreaking technology that’s going to power next generation of futuristic products and services. Our multidisciplinary team of data scientists engineers, UX/UI designers are developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning.
We’re continuing to expand the organisation and are now recruiting a Technical Project Manager to initiate and lead innovation programs, develop business cases, manage customer relationships, stakeholder management. A unique blend of broad technical knowledge and strong business acumen is required to be successful in this position.
Your key deliverables:
- Manage the execution of innovative data science and analytics-based programs applying breakthrough technologies for electrical, industrial, automotive, truck, and aerospace applications
- Responsible for the successful execution of the Research & Technology programs within their scope, schedule, cost and quality commitment
Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams
- Provide support during program proposal efforts in determining WBS, level of effort, resource planning and cost
Initiate, lead and support technology programs utilizing Eaton’s internal processes
- Establish objectives and goals and provide direction to the project team members in areas of project execution, customer concerns, changes in scope and risk assessment
- Maintain and report applicable metrics for programs, e.g. quality, technical performance, and readiness levels (technology, commercial, manufacturing)
- Communicate and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business, including those relating to product characteristics, quality, delivery and service
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Business Divisions and externally
Manage and execute procurement processes for subcontractors, project materials and organization capital
- Manage required Non-Disclosure Agreements with customers, vendors, partners
Ensure proprietary and customer provided controlled information is managed and protected as required
Do you have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or physics
- 3+ years Expert level Agile / SCRUM practitioner in information technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing projects and programs with multiple stakeholders and high degree of complexity, including components/subsystem/system scope of responsibility, high risk, and significant budget
- Experience managing multiple programs/projects simultaneously
- Experience with data science, machine learning and AI hardware and software technologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) license through Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent (e.g. Prince)
- 3+ years as an Agile leader evolving technical delivery organizations to an agile delivery methodology
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time