Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking an Operational Excellence (OPEX) Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Horseheads, NY facility. Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
The OPEX Manager will direct activities associated with engineering and Continuous Improvement (CI) including activities of the site lean coordinator and Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) tool champions to achieve plant-wide improvements; outcome business results, and target assessment scores. Direct the training of the CIF tool experts in the details of all tools, and the Kaizen event methodology.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Implement Operational Excellence through the Eaton Business System using Eaton Business Excellence criteria and Eaton Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Direct the site lean coordinator and lean tool champions to ensure the achievement of business results and corporate goals for the ELSS assessment process.
- Identify and prioritize engineering projects and Lean events based on VSM results and gap analysis. Drive projects to successful completion as defined by improvements in plant processes and metrics. Lead and/or participate in Kaizen events within Horseheads and Eaton.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the CI and manufacturing engineering function to ensure the achievement of plant goals with a specific focus on safety, productivity, quality, customer metrics and cost out. Key goals are the elimination of waste in the value stream, lead time-reduction, improve first pass yield and achieve overall scrap reduction.
- Manage manufacturing engineers and engineering supervisors. Provide overall leadership and direction for this group. Establish and track meaningful goals for this department in alignment with the Eaton Business System and Horseheads plant goals.
- Ensure vacuum interrupter product line manufacturing processes are standardized and consistently deployed. Identify and implement new materials, equipment, processes, technology, and procedures to enhance and improve the product line and its manufacturing processes.
- Manage the capacity analysis, capital planning process and execution of the annual capital plan for vacuum interrupter manufacturing in Horseheads. Prepare and manage the Horseheads manufacturing engineering department budget. Participate in the Strategic Planning by preparing 5-year Quality, Manufacturing Technology, Lean and Capital plans.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time