Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Lead Electronics Hardware Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Franksville, WI site.
The Lead Electronics Hardware Engineer will develop electronic hardware for high performance, real-time controls and protective relays used for smart grid applications in the electrical power distribution industry. This role will collaborate with a multi-discipline engineering team (software, hardware, and test) to define requirements between hardware and software subsystems and will be part of a multi-disciplined new product engineering team at Eaton’s Thomas A. Edison Technical Center in Franksville, WI.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Design electronic circuits and sub-systems for power distribution system intelligent electronic devices, including power supplies and analog and digital circuit
- Design peripheral interfaces for microprocessors and microcontrollers
- Lead high-level design activities for new product features including establishment of requirements
- Design and implement tests in support of design verification
- Lead system interface design activities and lead the troubleshooting and resolution of integration issues
- Participate in tasks related to new product development including planning, task estimation, design, design verification, peer review, integration and release
- Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Marketing, Service, Operations and other engineering teams throughout the product development life cycle
- Participate in the analysis and specification of electronic subsystems and participate and lead design reviews
- Plan and execute tasks in collaboration with the product team to ensure project objectives are met
- Evaluate and recommend hardware development process improvements in collaboration with engineering management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five years of experience in an electrical, hardware, or electronics engineering role
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Franksville, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Strong understanding of power electronics
- Experience with EMI testing and troubleshooting and designing for EMI robustness
- Strong understanding of electronic component specifications and device selection
- Experience with and linear and switching power supply designs
- Experience with embedded electronic peripherals
- Experience with printed circuit board layout design
- Experience with schematic capture and pcb layout ECAD tools
- Knowledge of power systems, switchgear and regulator controls products/applications is an added advantage.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time