Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Shawnee, Oklahoma facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will establish and maintain manufacturing processes to produce the products including specifying and selecting equipment, tooling, gages, methods, and providing detailed operation instructions, which will ensure the highest quality and cost-effective product.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Coordinate manufacturing and machinery feasibility of new or existing products and implement cost effective prior to and after engineering releases to manufacturing. Estimate manufacturing costs of new products.
- Coordinate and direct machine selection and cost justification. Interview suppliers, perform machine run offs, and approve machining capability of new capital equipment.
- Direct the procurement of specialized machine tools and gages by evaluating design concepts, initiating full orders, justifying expenditures and submitting capital appropriation requests.
- Coordinate all engineering releases and changes relative to routings, setting standards, data entry, and follow-up with quality control in mind to meet customer requirements.
- Implement changes and improvements in machine tooling, gaging, and inspection methods to produce a higher quality product.
- Determine process capabilities and identify improvement opportunities. Develop and implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) methodology throughout the facility. Apply the lean manufacturing tools as described in the Eaton Lean System.
- Lead Kaizen (improvement) and cost reduction activities and projects
- Evaluate the performance and knowledge of machine technicians in the cell technician certification program.
- Participate in design review of product drawing, making suggested changes when needed.
- Act as a technical resource. Train and develop lower level engineers.
- Understand and drive the implementation of all appropriate elements of the Eaton Business System.
- Administer PFMEAs, Control plans, and document control.
- Lead New Product Development projects using PROLaunch
- Recommend DMR disposition and rework procedures.
- Create control plans using CAD software.
- Engineer will also assist maintenance team in all tool and equipment related improvements.
- Provide necessary interdepartmental communication between Engineering, Production, Production Control, and others to accomplish assigned goals and objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years Manufacturing Engineering experience
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 3 Years of Manufacturing experience
- Experience conducting multidisciplinary teams
- Green Belt (Six Sigma) and Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN manufacturing tools
- Experience with assembly processes
- Experience with Poke Yoke implementation
- Experience with PFMEA
- Experience with tooling design
- Demonstrated ability to drive several major projects at once while establishing and changing priorities as conditions dictate.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and implementing lean manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma activities..
- Demonstrated ability to optimize time management, prioritize, and function in a highly organized manner.
- PC Skills: Proficiency in CAD software, MS Office suite, etc.
- Must fully understand the cell certification program and procedures relating to engineering’s participation in the process.
- Demonstrated knowledge and training in process work instructions, standardized work, OBC, error proofing.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electronics, coolants, lubricants, inspection and quality requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of machine speeds and feeds, metal properties, and high precision tolerances.
- Knowledge of basics quality tools such as SPC, capability studies and gage R&R´s.
- Skills at interpreting mechanical drawings and expertise in use of CAD systems.
- Knowledge of machinery functions (hydraulic, electrical, mechanical operations).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time