Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Payroll Administrator (12-14 Month Contract) to join our team. This position is based at our Burlington, ON facility.
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining and updating payroll records for approximately 1000 employees in 11 Canadian Divisions, both salary and hourly payrolls. Additional key duties will include remittance of the Canadian Division payroll taxes and preparation of payroll account reconciliations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Setup and maintain payroll data for approximately 1000 employees across Canada, including hourly, salary and union employees. Includes both bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for eleven divisions.
Maintain and remit all deductions, including federal and provincial government remittances, union, provincial health premiums, credit union, RRSP’s, United Way, and garnishments.
- Calculation of manual pays.
Calculation of retroactive pay, due to merit increases or promotions.
Prepare annual vacation excel spreadsheet, comparing vacation entitlement versus percentage of vacationable earnings, and then process additional vacation pay, if required.
Process and calculate final pays for terminations, including vacation owed, pay-in-lieu, severance/retiring allowances and Records of Employment.
Reconcile Revenue Canada and Revenue Quebec payroll tax accounts, and work with auditor when required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- 3 years experience working in Payroll
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 80KM of Burlington to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future
- CPM Certified
- College Diploma from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of ADP
- Payroll knowledge is necessary, provided by the Canadian Payroll Association.
- Accounting knowledge for reconciliations.
- Understand Headcount Reporting, e.g. Support, Production, Outside Services.
- Familiarity with Employment Standards in most provinces.
- Understanding of Provincial Health in most provinces.
- Understanding Union Payroll, including remittances.
- Keep current with Income Tax changes to ensure we are compliant.
- Knowledge of ROE software from HRDC for completion of Records of Employment.
- TOD (tables on diskette) for preparation of manual pays.
- HR ORACLE to prepare reports on request.
- GL & AP ORACLE for reports requests.
- CUPS Payroll System for processing CDN payroll.
- Year-End T4 process, up to Pier Report completion for CRA.
- EBC for year-end adjustments.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No