Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Production Associate, Switchboard Assembly on 1st shift to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The production associate in switchboard assembly will correctly select and install, in accordance to drawings/diagrams/blueprints, various components/devices with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of the switchboard quality verification checklist.
- Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, hand drawn layout request. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
- Work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s, requisitions and oral or written instructions. Use of tape measures required.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- You will perform Lean Initiatives.
- Perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
- Some experience in assembly operation, or assembly requiring drawings or diagrams.
- Computer literate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Ability to work somewhat independently and make decisions that affect the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No