Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position is based in Irvine, CA.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of purchasing strategies to support Fuel and Motion Control production schedules while controlling costs. Partners with Production Managers, Contracts and Engineering in the selection of suppliers for new products
- Communicate material quality and delivery change requirements to suppliers in an MRP environment.
- Develop and maintain plans to obtain department and division cost improvements and objectives.
- Implement corrective actions to minimize the receiving GRIEFs and rejections
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management as required.
- Leads supplier consolidation efforts.
- Leads continuous improvement activities.
- Proactively resolve supplier invoicing issues and implements corrective actions to minimize future errors
- Attend daily production meeting to provide material parts status.
- Create RFQ’s and place purchase orders, negotiates lowest cost, favorable terms to support material demand requirements.
- React to MRP messages to ensure material supply is aligned to system demand and strategically uses system planning and parameters to ensure optimal inventory levels
- Prepare material status sheets, milestones, schedules and presentations as required to support new program meetings.
- Conducts periodic supplier business reviews to improve supplier performance
- Other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of purchasing and/or supply chain experience
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Irvine, CA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or Operations from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management System requirements
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to interface at all levels.
- Excellent communication Skills
- Good mathematical and decision-making skills
- Good Time management skills
- High level of computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Sourcing and purchasing experience with Machining, Raw Materials and Castings commodities
- Ability to read technical engineering drawings
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time