Eaton’s Electrical sector is seeking an Industrial Sales Representative to be based out of our Calgary, AB facility.
The primary function of the Outside Sales Representative is to service electrical customers and distributors in the Southern Alberta market. This position is responsible for achieving assigned sales goals for the assigned product categories, while under minimal supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing market presence. This position will coordinate and support overall sales for the assigned account base. The Outside Sales Representative manages all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance to customer and distributor personnel.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Achieve assigned team orders and sales goals.
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship within the assigned account base.
- Implement sales plans and growth strategies to meet performance requirements.
- Promote Eaton products and services to targeted customers with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix, and profit margin.
- Provide technical assistance to distributors, customers and consultants.
- Be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities; communicate such information internally and drive corrective strategies or actions.
- Maintain cooperative and credible working relationships with company personnel to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Prepare sales proposals and value propositions based on customer needs and expectations.
- Develop bid strategies and quotations for customers using price and delivery guidelines, applying sound business judgment to enhance sales volume and margins.
- Introduce new products and implement promotional programs.
- Prepare sales presentations to create product/service/solution understanding and awareness.
- Maintain C360 opportunity database, provide input on monthly sales forecasts and operations reports based on negotiation activity and distributor/customer feedback.
- Understand and apply the fundamentals of the Eaton Value Cycle: Sales strategy=>Market/customer knowledge=>Value proposition design=>Price for value.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton's Philosophy and Values as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
- Diploma from an accredited institution in electrical engineering, electrical technology or business.
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience in the electrical industry.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within an 80-kilometer radius of the Calgary, AB facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum 5 years of technical sales experience in the electrical industry.
- P Eng. or CET designation, Business Degree.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experienced in developing and deploying strategies to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Professional presence and effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrated competency in contributing to the success of the team.
- Analytical aptitude, ability to think critically with proven problem-solving skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time