Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Valve Forge Press Operator on 3rd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility.
This is a direct, full-time position that offers full benefits the day you start. In addition to Eaton’s competitive benefits, Eaton offers a salary of $18.22/hour plus a shift differential for being on 3rd shift.
The Valve Forge Press Operator is responsible for promoting safety, quality, production and 5S.
The operator will be responsible to complete changeovers in a timely manner, change their own tooling and minor troubleshooting of the press, which could include the lube system, kickouts, rails, etc. Although this position would start on an automated forge press, the employee would be expected to learn additional operations such as manual valve press, material handler, shear operator, quality control, and die assembly.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Operate automatic and manual Valve forge presses
- Troubleshoot machine malfunctions and performs minor maintenance on machine
- Communicate with audit/quality control and keep area clean (5S) supervisor
- Perform set-up on presses for different valve prints
- Sort valves, gears, and slugs for defects
- Adjust machinery during changeover, punch and dies and identify quality issues
- Utilize gauges to check valve/gear specifications
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of Kearney, NE will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- One or more years of industrial or manufacturing experience is preferred
- Understands Statistical Process Control methods
- Previous knowledge and experience with Blueprints or engineering drawings
- Previous fork truck operation
- Ability to setup machinery and read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts and entering data into computer
- Position may require daily overtime, 7 days a week and working holidays.
- Physical requirements include constantly being on your feet, using a set of tongs to grab hot valves and perform quality checks. The employee would be working in extreme heat in the summer. When operating an automated press the employee will be on their feet for their shift.
- Some walking required when completing change overs or tooling changes.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling when changing tooling. In addition to the plant wide PPE the operator is required to wear green tinted glasses, shop coat and gloves.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No