If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer - Front End in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Enhance existing and/or develop new software that enables the launch of new enterprise software products, functionality and services with various web technologies.
· Enhance and follow software guidelines, UI design patterns and style guides.
· Work with the other software development team members when coordinating on large projects.
· Translate requirements into software in line with project vision.
· Participate in the definition of both the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
· Participate and contribute in sprint planning, demo and retrospective.
· Participate in design and code reviews.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”).This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo.The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s
- Engineering graduate with (6+ ) years’ experience or MCA with upto 8 years’ experience of software development experience with web-based applications is required.
- Knowledge in RESTful web services.
- Experience using less, sass, gulp or grunt
- Thorough Working knowledge of Document Object Model (DOM)
- Good understanding of Agile development, UML, SDL and CMM.
- Understanding of ECMAScript 6 (ES6)
- Knowledge of best practices in software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming and design principles.
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions.
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably Git.
- Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time