Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Specialist, End User Technologies for our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE) team. The IT Specialist, End User Technologies will lead client technology services for Eaton’s global client computing environment. Primary responsibilities include development of requirements, architecture, and design of the client's Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Active Directory (AD) and Office 365 environments. This position will manage projects to implement new hardware and software architecture and design, and provide input for developing operating procedures and policies as needed or requested. The position requires a highly technical individual that understands a wide range of desktop technologies and IT security risk and vulnerability management. This IT Specialist is also responsible for providing technical leadership which involves leading the team through Engineering designs, driving continuous improvement and setting desktop, cloud and mobile technology strategy. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an IT Specialist, End User Technologies you will:
- Work in a highly matrixed organization spanning domestic and international locations.
- Be responsible for process, standards, governance and performance of the shared structures and technical environments.
- Access and evaluate products/vendors.
- Drive projects with broad scope of deployment, including sector and/or region.
- Drive decisions and deliverables within team.
- Negotiate small to moderate scale vendor SOW.
- Participate in management and design of security and architectural models for complex projects.
- Provide proactive direction ensuring a stable and scalable solution.
- Collaborate with business and development teams to drive robust testing methodologies
- Work within operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide and may direct 3rd level support for SCCM, Active Directory and Office 365 services
- Stay current with industry trends in Information Technology advancements. Benchmarks, evaluates, designs, and recommends upgrade path for future versions of technologies managed within the organization
- Prepare detailed design documents for chosen technical area.
- Analyze, design, and determine coding, programming, and integration activities required, based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Review code and test cases.
- Provide project fidelity by adhering to established standards.
- Design processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery.
- Participate in the design and management of technical environments.
Enabling Actions Include:
- Ability to work on multiple modules/component designs
- Knowledge of project management methodology and tools. Consults with the business team to help develop, define, and prioritize work and project requests.
- Develop integration methodologies between new and existing technologies.
- Demonstrate strong team leadership skills with a focus on driving results and influencing others.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must have a good understanding of the technical platforms, applications, and tools currently utilized at Eaton
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft operating system deployment technologies
- Branch Cache technologies (i.e. 1e Nomad / Tachyon)
- Microsoft Active Directory / Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Client / Server & Mac OS operating systems
- Microsoft Office 365 & Azure
- Microsoft PowerShell
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time