Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Quality Technician to join our team.
This position is based at our South Bend, IN facility.
This role will provide inspection, testing, and problem-solving services to the plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform detailed tooling and part inspections based on blueprint drawings.
- Complete miscellaneous quality checks per control plan (lube ratio, hardness, process parameters).
- Do daily scrap and hold transactions for plant in MRP system.
- Analyze quality problems and advise plant personnel.
- Data entry, data analysis and preparing detailed reports.
- Good understanding of word processing, spreadsheets and databases. (Microsoft Office).
- Assist teammates in defect recognition and customer requirements.
- Provide support to floor for containment when needed.
- Perform incoming and final inspections and destructive and nondestructive testing as required.
- Assist with quality programs. (DOE, FMEA, Capabilities, 8D etc.)
- Complete finish goods and supplier audits per standard work.
- Ability to frequently move and/or lift forgings and dies weighing from 3-36 lbs
- Ability to stand or walk the 75% of the time.
- Near acuity vision to detect quality defects during inspection
- Occasional extreme temperature changes such as going from inside to outside in winter, and temperature change from moving to/from operating forge press area and inverters.
- Ability to tolerate noise at a time weighted average of 97 decibels and occasional vibration due to use of tools and equipment.
- Ability to tolerate fumes from forge press, forklifts.
- Ability to tolerate occasional graphite/water mist from forging operations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Candidate must have High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum one-year experience in manufacturing/operations environment
- Candidate must be able to legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of South Bend, IN will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- One year experience in a manufacturing environment in a forging, machining, metal assembly, material assembly, material handling, or the comparable amount of vocational education in the manufacturing field.
- Prior forging experience preferred.
- Ability to read machine shop blueprints and work instructions using basic math.
- Ability to use precision instruments and gauging such as calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, etc. CMM exposure preferred.
- Must be able to work on a day to day basis in a non-traditional, self-directed and team based atmosphere.
- Strong interpersonal skills required in the position.
- Willingness to continue education and quality related competencies.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets and databases. (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Show initiative to solve problems without direction.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No