Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Our Centre for Intelligent Power located at Eaton’s global headquarters in Dublin, applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing groundbreaking technology that’s going to power next generation of futuristic products and services. Our multidisciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, UX/UI designers are developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning.
We’re continuing to expand the organisation and are now recruiting a Principal Data Scientist who will identify, develop, and justify commercialization of significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses in the area of power electronics, power converters, power systems, electric drives, electromagnetics, numerical modelling and controls. As the Principal Data Scientist, you will own the technology strategy and execution for broad applications within the Centre For Intelligent Power (CIP). You will establish, maintain, and leverage the appropriate business relationships within Eaton, externally to Eaton, and across geographies and sectors, functional to creating and executing the strategy. As a Principal Data Scientist, you will be responsible for understanding problems and opportunities across Eaton’s business domains, with an ability to deliver actionable systems through advanced Analytics and Machine Learning. You will also help to develop and guide the team towards product delivery and the development of high impact algorithms and models. You will help mentor, grow and develop the CIP by actively driving the thought leadership agenda.
Your key deliverables:
- Work with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, management, and integration of Linux and Windows-based stack solutions
- Support operating system selection, installation, performance monitoring, and reporting
- Recommend, set up, integrate and utilize build and test frameworks as required for business and data science needs
- Recommend and set up appropriate performance monitoring and redundancy solutions; author and implement based on the results
- Demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions
- Author high-quality, high performance automation and deployment code
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems
- Mentor others in the use of your tools and techniques
- Provide work estimates and participate in design, implementation, and code reviews
- Develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery
- Explore and recommend new tools and processes which can be leveraged across the data preparation pipeline for capabilities and efficiencies
- Integrate multiple sources of data through efficient data connectors and other workflows
- Collaborate broadly across multiple functions (data science, engineering, product management, IT, etc.) to readily make key data readily available and easily consumable
Do you have?
- A Master’s degree in Data Science, Date Engineering required, PhD preferred
- 7+ Years of experience in IoT architectures; cloud computing, fog computing, edge computing, real-time data processing
- 10+ Years of experience in Data Architecture, Data Science, machine learning and simulation techniques
- A proficiency for mentorship, coaching and the development of technical leadership across organisations
- Strong programming skills and analytical algorithm development
- Experience with Machine learning frameworks
- Strong background and leadership in agile development and frameworks
- Tracked record of business impact and thought leadership through products, patents, and scientific publications
- Recognized as a role model in terms of technical stature
- Experience with multiple new application though new product introduction with proven revenue from new products/services
- Can influence, resolve and communicate major changes to cross functional teams across the company
- Possesses a broad strategic vision of the company’s future products and services
Demonstrates advanced level in all engineering competencies
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time