About Golf Pride® Grips
For 70 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work
About the Position
Golf Pride® Grips, Played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Director of Global Product Innovation.
As the only connection a golfer has to their club, Golf Pride is on a mission to transform that connection (grips) from handles into performance equipment. To transform the category, Golf Pride needs to continue to develop breakthrough technology that excites golfers to want to re-grip their clubs with the best technology in the market that can improve their game. As the brand continues its transformational journey, this position is paramount in bringing breakthrough technologies to life through accountability for all aspects of Golf Pride's product innovation from product planning, to concept development, to project engineering, to support engineering systems and program management to manage product launches cross functionally.
In this role you will:
- Manage all aspects of product innovation from (a) concept development, to (b) project engineering and (c) cross functional program management to launch the new products on time.
- Be responsible for all new product development (both OEM products and Retail products) that annually make up about 1/3 of Golf Pride’s sales.
- Deliver breakthrough new products with the power to pull golfers into the re-ripping category and driving 1-2 points of grip category/share growth annually through exciting new products.
- Direct a team of up to 50 people across three sites (Pinehurst Global Innovation Center and Taiwan & Thailand manufacturing sites).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- 10 years experience in Consumer Branded Product Development
- Multi-functional leadership skills (ability to manage across functions from product marketing, to engineering, to operational program management)
- Able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- MBA from an accredited university
- Engineering background
- Multicultural leadership experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Multi-Function Executive
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time