Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Maintenance Repair Technician to join our team.
This position is based at our Indianapolis, IN facility.
The e-Reman repair Technician is responsible for the successful repair of non-conforming / passing remanufactured electronics components. The repair technician is responsible for diagnosing and developing an action plan to repair the product to allow it to pass the testing required to fulfill customer orders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage analysis of all products that don’t pass end of line testing.
- Develop and execute repairs required to achieve successful end of line testing
- Track and communicate the root cause of all failed material to manufacturing supervisor
- Interface with the cross functional Quality Manager to address quality issues
- Lead and participate in Corrective / Preventive Action teams to resolve customer, supplier and production concerns.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Required Electronics technician degree
- At least 2 years of experience in maintenance environment within the electronics industry.
- Deep knowledge of electronics including soldering and other repair techniques
- Knowledge of quality standards and Statistical process control (SPC); GD&T with applications and blueprint reading.
- Legally authorized to work in US without company sponsorship
- 2-3 years of electronic remanufacturing experience
- Associate Degree in a technical field
- Experience on OEM Electronics Remanufacturing programs
- Work experience in Electronics Remanufacturing or a combination of Engineering and Product Development
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Must be able to operate basic metrology instruments, optical comparator, hardness tester and Coordinate Measurement Machine.
- Perform sorts, audits or rework products
- Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees, customers / suppliers
- Computer skills and math skills enough to perform department related tasks are required
- Ability to work effectively with people
- Know and follow safety procedures and rules including compliance requirements to ensure a safe work environment.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management’s attention.
- Actively participate in accident, injury, and illness prevention activities such as job safety analysis.
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area.
- Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time