Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking an EHS Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
This position supports environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the site. Individual is accountable for: supporting EHS activities at his/her location(s), including maintaining EHS systems and processes such as monitoring and measurement systems, reporting and communication of EHS metrics, collection and organization of EHS action items, supporting EHS training initiatives, leading and supporting EHS teams, leads/supports incident investigations, and supports site internal assessment activities. This position is responsible for: assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; supporting actions during crises; and supporting the creation of a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support the site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Support development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives. Support risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects.
- Support tracking of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track EHS performance. Support creation of EHS goals and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Support MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements. Support and promote zero incident EHS culture throughout site. Support EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Work with EHS leader and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations. Support efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Assist with the implementation of MESH (Management System of Environmental, Safety, Security and Health) and will utilize MESH tools to drive improvements.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion. Support efforts to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associate’s degree OR currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an anticipated graduation date no later than May 2020 from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 months of environmental, health and safety experience (includes internship/co-op experience).
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Syracuse, NY facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of environmental, health and safety experience (includes internship/co-op experience).
- Comprehension of industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Strong team-building skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams.
- Proficiency in local languages.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time