If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer – Test Automation in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Independently work in Test execution of embedded products using Java or Java scripts or Python on DC power systems.
• Engage in HW-SW system, Integration testing and Test Automation framework development & maintenance using selenium.
• Handle requirement management, build management, defect and configuration management tools like JIRA/bamboo/TFS/VS/GIT/Jama etc.
• Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and software design. Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
• Develops, write and manage the execution of an overall software/embedded test cases aligned to strategy.
• Understand the Test specification & implement the validation procedures, test plans, and test cases.
• Follows strategy for all levels of testing including regression, sanity, integration, acceptance, load, and stress testing for product Applications
• Effectively use of JIRA to defect reporting & analysis.
• Conducts exploratory testing to evaluate robustness and functionality of products.
• Uses existing or propose new tools for comprehensive test case management software to manage, track and organize software testing efforts
• Prepares software test evaluation reports to help the development team avoid bugs in created code and also provide feedback on usability and user interactions
• Collaborates with software/firmware team members for the development of quality control and testing standards.
• Possesses Strong organizational skills required to manage multiple aspects and priorities
• Identifies opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drives those from concept to implementation.
• Validates official customer product releases and takes responsibility for the end-result
• Active communication with the cross functional team to ensure quality test deliverables
5+ Years of Experience
Experience in HW-FW System integration Testing or Test tool development with proven track record of validating high quality DC power products.
Experience in Java or Java script or Python scripting.
Experience in System Automation Test Framework using selenium & TestNG.
Experience with Java or Java script or Python scripting language.
Experience in Hardware-Software system integration testing.
Experience in test Automation using selenium & TestNG or any other Tool .
Experience with creating and executing test cases for embedded and application software for real time controls at system level.
Proficient understanding of Source Control software and Code Collaboration tools (Git, SVN, etc.); experience with Issue and Project Tracking software (JIRA, TFS, etc.).
Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
Experience in HTML5 web UI application testing
Knowledge of industrial communication protocols Ethernet, Modbus/IP,RTU,RS232,RS485, http, web sockets etc.
Experience developing testing harness/tools for Embedded Applications.
Experience writing integration tests for Continuous Integration and Deployment frameworks.
Ability to work independently to create and maintain test bench and system test environment.
Thorough understanding of Java or Python based automation test frameworks.
Good understanding of Embedded Hardware and Software System.
Experience with manual and automation testing of Embedded application.
Worked on Embedded Firmware testing, preferably with DC power application in electrical systems
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time