Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Quality Technician to join our team.
This position is based at our Indianapolis, IN facility.
The e-Reman Quality Technician is responsible for the successful implementation of quality processes required to execution of the electronics remanufacturing business strategy and to establish processes for ensuring all parts (new and re-used) meet the required specifications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage all Return Material Analysis and reporting – including identification of updated processes and corrective actions required to ensure quality products are continually remanufactured
- Audit reman processes to ensure conformance
- Develop, measure, and track new employee training on reman processes
- Set-up and check dimensions on parts, using metrology instruments, to ensure parts meet quality standards and that dimensions are accurate
- Ensure all data entered to ensure record keeping compliance
- Red tag and create repair orders for non-conforming parts
- Interface with the cross functional Quality Manager to address quality issues
- Lead and participate in Corrective / Preventive Action teams to resolve customer, supplier and production concerns.
- Develop Control Plans and inspection check sheets in the electronic ERP system.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 2 years’ experience in quality technician environment within the electronics industry.
- Deep knowledge of quality standards including AIAG/ASQC. ASME, ISO
- Knowledge of quality standards and Statistical process control (SPC); GD&T with applications and blueprint reading.
- Legally authorized to work in US without company sponsorship
- At least 2-3 years of electronic remanufacturing experience
- Associate Degree in a technical field
- Experience on OEM Electronics Remanufacturing programs
- Work experience in Electronics Remanufacturing or a combination of Engineering and Product Development
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Must be able to operate basic metrology instruments, optical comparator, hardness tester and Coordinate Measurement Machine.
- Perform sorts, audits or rework products
- Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees, customers / suppliers
- Computer skills and math skills enough to perform department related tasks are required
- Ability to work effectively with people
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time