Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our San José, Costa Rica facility.
Primary responsibility is to manage major account to increase sales in the local marketplace, and provide sales and technical assistance to distributors, contractors, and Electrical Group personnel.
Reinforce the different programs of Marketing and Sales.
- Develop and implement a sales plan to achieve the planned goals.Continuously maintain and improve the customer base of the Strategic Accounts segments
- Continuously maintain and improve the customer base of the Strategic Accounts segments
- Be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities and communicate such information to management.
- Provide technical and commercial support to our customers
- Coordinate and conduct presentations, product seminars and sales events
- Maintain a teaming, cooperative and credible working relationship with other company personnel to assure customer satisfaction.
- Manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines and use sound business judgment to enhance margins.
- Support total quality effort by providing timely and accurate information for order entry
- Elevate quality issues to attention of management
- Ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers
- Implement new product programs as needed, collect analyze and utilize market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits.
- Provide necessary reports and surveys requested by management in a timely manner.
- To comply with the responsibilities of the position in relation with MESH and EQS Management Systems
- Develop the programs of marketing or Sales in the respective market.
- Inform management of major competitor’s strategies
- Monthly sales Forecast with week reviews
- Promote the company’s image and its products
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- At least five years of experience in sales, public relations and teamwork
- Intermediate knowledge of English language
- Computers skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) AutoCad preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LAC Latin AmericaCaribbean Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time