Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking an HR Intern to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI facility.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
The HR Intern will support growth specifically in our Southfield location with a focus on the engineering function. The role is pivotal in creating flawless execution in rolling out our processes and ensuring our talent is brought into the organization seamlessly. This role will develop talent in a generalist capacity and will have exposure over a growing organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support the talent acquisition activities up to and including applicant tracking, phone screening, scheduling interviews, university relations,
- Support onboarding activities such as coordinating day one activities and ensuring employees are set up for success on day one.
- Support special projects including our culture journey implementation.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders, customers, and vendors.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business, human resources, or equivalent field from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0 required (please do not round)
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Southfield, MI. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to work 12-20 hours per week.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time