Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group is currently seeking a Lead Subcontracts Administrator to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, North Carolina location.
The Subcontract Administrator role is accountable for providing leadership of the Supply Chain Management function for Federal Government procurement processes, Subcontract Administration processes for the Strategic Programs business and driving the expansion of Small Business Vendors to support growth. This includes providing training, mentoring to divisional staff on Federal Government Procurement processes, including FAR, DFARS and AMS regulations. The candidate will support the usage of Procurement Excellence tools from the Eaton Business System (EBS). Additionally, as the Business Licensing Coordinator for the Division, this role will coordinate license renewals as well as support new license applications as necessary.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Partner with the Strategic Programs Team to support the subcontractor proposal process (material & labor) during the bidding stage, including supplier selection, submission of RFP packages and bid analysis.
- Create and/or Review all POs for the Strategic Programs Teams ensuring proper flow-downs are documented, approve and submit POs and support vendor questions.
- Perform Vendor set up process for all new suppliers with adherence to Eaton requirements, including documentation collection, submission and tracking approval process.
- Draft subcontract agreements using designated templates, negotiate terms and conditions with vendors and work with project teams and contracts team to assess requests for non-standard critical contract adjustments. Reach agreement on subcontract terms and obtain signatures on executed contract.
- Responsible for post award modifications to agreements including all change related activities. Partner with project teams to development of Small Business subcontracting plans for government projects
- Serve as the Divisional
Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) in order to increase Small Business
Subcontractor Pipeline and support Federal Government Contract Commitments. Emphasis to be placed on identification of
labor subcontractors such as Electrical Contractors.
Perform semi-annual government reporting the Government Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (ESRS).
- Champion the awareness of Federal Government purchasing requirements, including leading improvements in our contractor purchasing systems to support continued compliance with Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) requirements
- Supports internal and external audits and requests for information.
- Lead the coordination of State/Local contractor business licensing to ensure timely renewals and new applications as necessary.
- Accountable for identifying and executing on annual cost-out opportunities to support profitability goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or a related business discipline
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience with Supply Chain Management and Federal Government Subcontracting and/or military procurement experience and/or Contracting Officer experience
- Advanced capability with MS Excel
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Raleigh, North Carolina will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Prefer 5 years of industry experience with Supply Chain Management and Federal Government Subcontracting; Prefer experience with subcontracting labor
- Knowledge and understanding of the Supply Chain Management Skills, Federal Acquisition Regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS and AMS)
- Must have excellent communication & negotiating, business analytical and problem-solving skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No