We are currently recruiting for a Production Co-op Student position in our Mississauga, Ontario location.
Reporting to the Production Manager this position interprets the Manufacturing Information documents in order to mechanically assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts or modify basic components, subassemblies and structures using hand and power tools for the Mississauga, Ontario product lines to help meet specific objectives in our production environment.
- Use various tools to install and assemble interiors, breakers and assist with the packaging of panel boards and kits.
- Assisting with the operation of machinery, constructing and assembling cells for production.
- Assisting Assemblers with the switchboard assembly process, wiring sub-assemblies, labeling and maintaining Kanban.
- Support material handling at site.
- Work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- Inspect and verify incoming parts against paperwork or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged parts.
- Input data of parts received into Oracle database to record receipt of material.
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation.
- High School Diploma required.
- Enrolled and Returning to a College or University Program.
- Must live within 80 km of the Mississauga, ON facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Previous Manufacturing experience an asset.
- Knowledge, competencies, skills, attributes required
- Strong customer services focus with a commitment to confidentiality, a high level of professionalism and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely, on multiple projects, in a manufacturing environment.
- Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability
Only qualified candidates will be selected for an interview and priority will be given to Students returning to a post-secondary program in September 2020.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No