If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Manager-Value based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility is to provide front line leadership to a team of 8 to 10 individual contributors working on Value analysis (Direct Material Productivity) portfolio under the Vehicle Group Powertrain division. Position would be interfacing with the global business functions and Global purchasing organization to drive cost out projects. Position needs to Build organization capability to meet current and future talent and mentor team on cost out projects by leveraging Value Analysis practices in a timely manner and supporting the business Profit Plan objectives. The position requires the incumbent to be highly proficient in Engineering skills, project management and documentation with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, thus enabling rapid development and execution of cost out concepts
- Support overall strategy for Direct Material Productivity goals in alignment with business goals
- Provide engineering leadership for generating strong projects pipeline by collaborating with cross functional organizations like SCM, Plants and operations etc.
- Provide engineering leadership support for maturity of CTQ’s in different phase of product development
- Build and maintain relationships with Commercial Powertrain North America, Program Management, Global SCM team along with suppliers
- Mentor, organize, lead, and champion projects leveraging CoE and Commercial Powertrain resources
- Capturing project planning milestones, executing milestones in collaboration with Program Management team.
- Conducting technical and project reviews, communication and on job development through technical mentoring to project team
- Utilize DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- The applicant needs to demonstrate end to end ownership and execute projects in a timely manner with quality deliverables by working with team
- Minimum education for this position is a Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated experience in technical engineering organization.
- +10 years of experience with multinational engineering organization, Spur & Helical Gear Design for Automotive Applications
- 7~10 years of experience with multinational engineering organization
- Vehicle industry exposure and experience
- Hands on knowledge of Value Engineering principles & its deployment
- Work & interact with global cross-functional and cross-cultural team. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time