Eaton’s Electrical Industrial Control’s Division is currently seeking a 1st Shift Quality Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Watertown, WI facility.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for quality improvements, reviewing existing test setups / execution for process, efficiency and implementing automated testing and operations support.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Drive’s quality improvements and efficiency.
- Review existing test setups/execution for processes.
- For new drives products work with development engineering to implement Drives testing (end of line and burn) processes.
- Implement and debug new test process with support from engineering
- Implement automated testing in operations as required.
- Build and install new tooling, test equipment, communication protocol tools and data collection tools
- Develop, modify and maintain drives data collection activities and test/data collection databases and tools.
- Create new test documentation (work instructions, pass / fail test reports). Evaluate existing test documentation for changes and enhancements.
- Set-up, program, operate and troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives using a variety of test equipment, including 480-volt electricity. Monitor test equipment usage.
- Support production personnel on test related issues/ data collection issues
- Implement hardware and test program (software) modifications to the systems as appropriate
- Perform routine maintenance and monthly check out on the systems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Electronics or another technical discipline from an accredited institution with the ability to read blueprints or schematics.
- Minimum of 1-year drives experience or component level trouble shooting.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Watertown, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- On-the-job experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Functional knowledge of digital and analog circuitry.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing systems and Six Sigma methodology.
- Experience using CAN (Controller Area Network) or other communication protocol to communicate with a Drives control module.
- ISO 9001:2015 internal audit knowledge.
- Computer, math, reading and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated history of mechanical/electronic aptitude.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, display a professional demeanor and overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No