Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester, MA location.
This position coordinates sales tax audits with state agencies and completes sales tax refunds to recoup monies paid not owed, maintains the sales tax process by reviewing customer accounts for taxability, collecting exemption certificates and preparing/filing sales tax returns. The position necessitates that the incumbent has knowledge of Sales tax/Payroll state laws and requirements. This position is accountable for balance sheet reconciliations, sales tax, SOX, Month end closing entries and Oracle transactions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Coordinates sales tax audits with state agencies and completes sales tax refunds to recoup monies paid not owed.
- Completes business license tax returns and submits for payment.
- Performs hourly payroll maintenance in time and attendance system, uploads hours worked to the corporate payroll system and reconciles hours submitted as well as salary payroll.
- Provides temporary hours worked to temp agencies and reconciles hours submitted by the temporary workers.
- Coordinates with other Eaton financial departments on a monthly basis to ensure all intercompany reporting requirements are being met and balances are reconciled.
- Prepares independent rep commission statements and submits for payment
- Monitors the accounts payable Mark View plant box and assigns pay to ledger numbers for intercompany invoices.
- Produces balance sheet reconciliations and process narratives to support SOX assessments and internal audit requests.
- Computes headcount reporting and submits in Encore, as well as prepares the Daily Flash in a backup capacity.
- Issues insurance certificates when needed for customers
- Provides bonds for customers when needed
- Computes Distributor sales and calculates monthly agent commissions
- Maintain email contact list for daily invoice distribution
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, MA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 3 years of accounting/finance experience
- Manufacturing Experience
- Audit/Operations Accounting experience
- Understanding of the tools currently available on the market which can improve efficiency in all areas of the organization.
- Working knowledge and understanding of major components of Oracle Financial applications.
- Understanding of Encore, Eaton cost out database and
Oracle database financial applications, Oracle manufacturing applications, and
proprietary databases (Access, etc.) used to populate same and related linkages.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No