Collaboration and cooperation with the wider Eaton Electric Business Development, National and Regional Contractor sales team and all other internal stakeholders to maximize opportunities for all Eaton Electric product lines.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly / annual sales and SI account growth and order bookings targets
- Develop and sustain long-term customer relationships with both new and existing security installer business partners and the wider security industry
- Create account plans for all customers providing regular reports on customer performance and activity
- Provide the primary customer interface for all Security products, services and solutions
- Facilitate resolution of any customer issues; serve as a central resource for communications with the customer; champion customer needs and requirements within the organisation
- Diligent stewardship of CRM software achieving +/- 10% accuracy in order forecasting
- Keep fully up to date with and communicate internally on regularly and effectively on market developments, new products, trends, opportunities etc.
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with all key internal and appropriate business stakeholders and functions
- Represent and promote the business in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Define, analyse, select and continuously improve the region’s customer base by:
- Knowing by customer who influences 80% of construction business in the territory.
- Continuously improving Eaton’s position, specifications and operating standards that affect business from opportunity and until a final conclusion is met in a form of a sale.
- Understanding major competitors’ tactics, organisation, distribution, strategy and pricing, and keeping management informed of trends and changes.
- Developing and maintaining a relationship with key business influencers within the customer base eg NSI and SSIAB Installers, buying Groups and major consultants and contractors, from MD/Partner/Director to the Associate/Senior Electrical Engineer, Project Manager/Engineer
- Call on and develop business/social relationships with target Customers and Contractors at all levels throughout their organisation in order to gain and develop opportunities for specification and through to the order
- Co-ordinate and cross-fertilise with the relevant colleagues on all significant trends in product acceptance, new product markets and competitive activity. Keep management informed regarding market trends, market potential, customer acceptance, competitive conditions and operating problems.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant sales experience with demonstrable evidence of success performing in a similar role within Security.
- Knowledge of Security industry relevant standards, EN50131 PD6662 BS8243, etc.
- Ideally degree qualified with an electrical engineering bias
- Results driven with absolute determination and motivation to achieve in sales. Highly organized, with attention to detail
- A network of contacts and relationships in the Security Industry, M&E Consultant, Main and M&E Contracting community within the defined geography
- The academic ability to successfully carry out the role with a broad understanding of sales processes and strategies
- Approachable and able to communicate at all levels in an effective and clear manner
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and satisfaction
- Then we want to hear about you!
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University#LI-WJ1
- (Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time