Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Senior Financial Accountant (Hydraulics)
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
This is a key role within the Global Financial Services and Systems (GFSS) Function within the Budapest Business Centre. The individual in the role will be responsible and accountable to perform the accounting activities for Eaton Industries LP. This role is instrumental in supporting the EIPL Controller to ensure an adequate internal controls environment throughout the entity. This includes the effective deployment of a comprehensive account reconciliation and balance sheet review process. The position also has responsibility for ensuring financial accounting activities at the location are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, Eaton Corporate policies and practice.
Your key deliverables :
- Monitors and analyses all Intercompany Transactions including review of payables and receivables aging and clearing of Cash Allocation issues together with Shared Service Center; gathers information from Intercompany Partners to ensure correct and aligned statements at Month End following Eaton Financial Policies
- Controls on a monthly basis a variety of accounts by gathering information from the responsible operational departments as well as the Shared Service Center in Pune. Books potential required adjustments and maintains balance sheet reconciliations up to date based on Eaton internal guidelines.
- Works closely with Operational Functions of the Warehouse in Lohmar to control and clean GRNI Balances. Reviews and establishes process around receiving transactions and provides guidance on all related issues from a financial point of view.
- Monitors and tracks key measures around Accounts Payables performance, leads regular calls with the AP function and works with AP to establish mitigating actions and to close issues in a timely manner
- Supports compliance requirements with maintaining SOX documentation and Compliance Reporting. Ensures adequate preparation for Sarbanes Oxley audits, internal and external audits as well as tax inspections. Requirements include the maintenance of clear audit trails and timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Ensures Master data accuracy by auditing on a regular basis the accounting schemes, maintaining the Chart of Accounts and working closely with IT on Interface issue resolution.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on intercompany accounting – than please apply.
- Accounting / Finance Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- 3 years intercompany accounting experience with a strong preference for an international manufacturing environment in a publicly listed company
- Advanced PC / Technical Skills and Experience with Microsoft Office Products including MS Access, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of ERP preferably Oracle and SAP
- Experience with External and Internal Audit and monthly internal control requirements
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time