Eaton is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Houston, TX office.
The Senior Tax Analyst will assist all federal functions within Tax Operations. Primary responsibilities involve all areas of federal income tax, including interpreting federal tax laws and completing various income tax returns in a manner that both complies with the law and minimizes Eaton’s tax costs.
The Tax Operations group is responsible for tax governance and therefore keeps the company in good standing in all the jurisdictions in which it does business, while minimizing cash tax costs and book tax expense. This role requires a solid professional to maintain our standing with government agencies and our peer group of corporations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various federal consolidated and separately filed returns as well as partnership income tax returns.
- Prepare or assist in completing various tax adjustments used in the calculation of federal taxable income.
- Perform tax research on an as needed basis.
- Develop strong network of peers to optimize intra and inter department communication.
- Support Eaton’s federal audit managers in the defense of federal returns on audit.
- Participate in intra-departmental and inter-departmental special projects and process improvement teams. Examples may include initiating or monitoring organization changes, evaluating financing alternatives and monitoring or evaluating accounting process changes.
- Participate in gathering information for various tax saving initiatives, domestic information reporting and tax accounting for reporting purposes.
- Assist in quarterly preparation of ASC740 calculations for various US subsidiaries on an as needed basis
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with corporate or public accounting tax environments
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Houston, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Experience with federal income tax compliance, planning and tax reporting
- Experience with CorpTax tax preparation software, Oracle and/or SAP
- Experience with international tax
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to successfully and consistently work on multiple assignments simultaneously and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assignments within a team setting
- Working knowledge of federal income tax law and US GAAP accounting.
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support the preparation of tax returns and financial reports.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time