If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Sr.Engineer-Direct Material Productivity (Electrical) based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility of this role is to lead and execute various cost out projects related to low & medium voltage Electrical products as part Direct Material Productivity (DMP) team. This involves close collaboration with Global Procurement Organization & Product divisions to generate cost out opportunities. The applicant will be responsible for working on various aspects of Direct Material Productivity with the primary goal of identifying, developing, and maintaining services that deliver significant cost out opportunities as well as creating a robust pipeline of executable cost out projects. The applicant should have capability to analyses commodity spend data & leverage data analytics & ideation principles to create new project opportunities. The incumbent needs to have an in-depth knowledge of requirements related to electrical components design and application, including duty cycle attributes. The incumbent needs to have an ability to develop design guidelines for these components along with an ability to develop test protocols.
- Execute the enterprise wide strategic projects for Electrical products and switchgear.
- Execute the strategic and operational plans for Resourcing and Part Rationalization to achieve measurable outputs in terms of cost out goals
- Generate new ideas that are technically and commercially viable to reduce overall cost of the products and be competitive in the market
- Drive productivity by supplier consolidations, key data improvements & avoiding part proliferation
- Identify and develop different knowledge nuggets to run data analysis which can be reused for other projects.
- Participate in supplier discussions to generate new ideas and solution to gain cost out
- Leverage DFSS methodology to identify technical risks at an early stage of product development and develop robust product that meets customer requirements and specification
- Analyze value of product structure - price breaks based on overall material, process and margin basis.
- Handle multiple stackholders. Alignment with global and local stakeholders.
- Should have handle cross functional and cross culture stackeholders.
- Lead multiple projects/programs/teams related to value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) through execution of these programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives.
- Should have knolewdge on IEC/UL/IEEE and other electrical standards
- 3D modelling, detailing and drafting experience on 3D CAD tool. (Preferred Autodesk Inventor)
- Develop test plans for short circuit, temperature rise, arc test in accordance with IEC/UL standards. Creates test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions.
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
- Review reliability predictions, and Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD results. Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications.
- Participates in the preparation for design review material and is the lead presenter or supports more experience Engineer / Project Engineer / Project Lead during design reviews.
- Review, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products
- Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required
- Guide/ Mentor the team on technical issue , queries , problems etc and ensure quality design output from all the team members.
- BE / Masters in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated experience in technical engineering organization. (Preferably worked in electrical industry)
- Solid understanding of Electrical products like LV/ MV/ Switchgear
- Knowledge of electrical design, testing and cost out
- 7-9 years of experience with multinational engineering organization
- Hands on knowledge of Value Engineering principles & its deployment
- Work & interact with global cross-functional and cross-cultural team. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time