Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Reporting to the EMEA Sales Director - Electronics Division, in this role you will provide customer application and technical support, design assistance for Electronics full product lines in Europe. The job requires frequent travel to various locations in Europe (primarily Germany, but also Hungary and Eastern countries) collaboration with customers for product/project designing and development, customer visits together with the sales team aiming at providing help on technical discussion regularly, and trouble shooting for key accounts.
Field Application Engineer - Electronics Division
Your key deliverables:
- Provide application support to OEMs and channel partners
- Assist in the Design process with system analysis and proposal, product selection, layout, technical comparison, elevation drawings, configuration
- Effectively translate customer needs to commercial & R&D team to facilitate product design and specification to improve NBO (new business opportunities) successful rate
- Deliver training programs to customers and channel partners, on product technology, including product technology, applications, regular product road map update
- Gather customer feedback and provide input to product management in an effort to improve product acceptance in the marketplace and drive roadmap development
- Work with marketing and sales teams to identify new opportunities and be a key contributor to achieve/exceed NBO (new business opportunities) pipeline target
- Prepare technical literatures, application notes, technical sales tools and training materials
- Educated at bachelor’s degree from an Engineering accredited institution?
- Coming with at least 8 years’ of technical/application expertise in Electronics or Electrical Industry?
- Possessing knowledge in Power Management on (either of) the below Industries?
- Computing – Server & Storage
- Automotive & Transportation
- Industrial segment
- Ready and able to work independently, with minimum supervision?
- Strong communicator, with ability to work with people at multiple levels?
- Having initiative and a positive mindset?
- Used to working with tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment?
- Fluent in both English and German languages?
- Ready to travel up to 50% of the working time?
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may subject to background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ELXD Electronics Business
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time