Eaton’s Industrial Sector is currently seeking a Senior Global Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based in Eden Prairie, MN.
As a Senior Global Financial Analyst, you will report to the FP&A Manager and reside in the global Hydraulics Headquarters office in Eden Prairie, MN. In this role, you will work collaboratively with the Finance, Operations, Sales and Marketing teams across all global regions and divisions. The Senior Financial Analyst supports the business by providing comprehensive Financial and detailed reports to internal and external customers. You will also support the Compliance teams by performing Finance and Compliance related tasks.
The ideal candidate is a critical business thinker with experience in the manufacturing industry and is highly analytical, process improvement oriented, and demonstrates initiative and collaboration as you partner with the business to deliver results within a global, diverse and growing business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Supports the monthly closing and rolling forecast processes. Analyzes and challenges operational financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Documents variance analysis commentary for management and work with businesses to define action plans to address opportunities.
- Prepares and communicates insightful analysis for monthly operating reviews. Helps drive data-oriented decision making by deploying efficient data analysis techniques and tools. Organizes and delivers appropriate management reports to senior leadership.
- Develops insightful analysis for monthly group operating reviews with Sector level leadership.
- Assists senior leadership in development of annual profit plan, strategic plan, and ad-hoc requests for the Hydraulics Group.
- Works in a team environment with other analysts and financial colleagues to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- Supports Senior Manager, Group Controller and VP of Finance in continually improving the financial acumen of the global analyst community and that of business partners supported by finance.
- Supports Business Analysis and Compliance teams by performing BA and Compliance related tasks.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business and/or finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- MBA or master’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution
- Manufacturing accounting and/or finance experience
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting and/or finance
Position Success Criteria:
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving
- Requires strong attention to detail and personal commitment to quality
- Strong learning ability in information technology. Functionally proficient in Khalix Software, Oracle financials and Microsoft Office applications (Excel) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes
- Sense of urgency, self-motivated; focused
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented, dependable, and accountable for work deliverables and tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team; to communicate articulately, confidentially, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively influence stakeholders
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial results and analysis required
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time