IN A NUTSHELL :You will join our eMobility Division, which is currently experiencing massive growth thanks to various recent major wins. eMobility designs and manufactures innovative energy converters primarily used in the automotive industry for new electrical vehicles. You will be responsible for the development of our new generation of embedded software which control these converters systems. From software requirements to software testing you will have to manage all the software V-cycle activities, developed using Agile methodology. You will take part of global development programs shared between the different R&D centers of our eMobility Division all around the world.
You could be based at our Montrottier plant (less than an hour away from Lyon), or our offices in Les Ulis (less than an hour away from Paris). Some remote work may be envisaged.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES :
- Participate to the definition of our products with our experts and different customers
- Help the software manager to establish quotation
- Write the software requirements specifications
- Define the real-time software architecture compliant to AUTOSAR standard by using UML language
- Participate with our functional safety engineers to safety analysis
- Define the software detail design and develop the associated C-source code
- Develop the software drivers for our new electronic architectures
- Develop the control algorithms with Model Based Design technology and verify the associated C-source code
- Perform the unit testing, integration testing and acceptance testing activities with respect to ISO 26262 safety standard
- Be accountable of the software quality with regards to internal process
- Develop and maintain the tool chain automation for a continuous integration process
- Provide support for production and after-sales service throughout the product life cycle
- For SW senior engineer, act as a software expert and manage internal project team, external software suppliers or service centers.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION :
- Chartered engineer – electronics, software or any embedded system
- Solid experience in automotive embedded system / and if possible good knowledge of AUTOSAR, vehicle network technology(CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet, LIN…)
- Very good knowledge of C language
- Experience in developing software for safety critical embedded system (ISO26262, DO128B, etc…)
- Like new challenges and working in an Agile and global environment
- Good level of English
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only