Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, Michigan facility
Functionally responsible to support the manufacturing team including day to day floor support, tooling design, gauging, quality, and efficiency. Process improvement through collection and analysis manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support and provide production associates the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process and customer audits. This role will encompass both manufacturing engineering and quality.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain and Improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes
- Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Ensures efficiency tied to capital intensity and human resources by utilizing Eaton LEAN and Six Sigma tools
- Active membership on the manufacturing floor to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process, and implementing continuous flow concepts.
- Create and maintain pFMEAs, process routers, equipment PMs and Process documents to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- Troubleshoot, recommend and implement changes in products and processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost out). Work directly with production associates, from all areas of the plant, in the implementation of projects in order to build an inclusive culture and processes that meet the needs of all employees and customers.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes or products including scrap and defective material report (DMR) system.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Provide functional and technical support to the manufacturing floor within the assigned area of focus as well as the organization as required to support goals.
- Project lead for new equipment implementation.
- Work in close coordination with quality team members to support production by supplying supporting order documentation and to review customer orders and quotes.
- Support continuous improvement projects pertaining to key performance metrics for the plant as assigned.
- Lead internal audit functions as required to maintain and comply with Eaton Quality System (EQS)
- Assess the training requirements in plant operations for quality systems; design training for site and provide training as needed
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 6 months of engineering or manufacturing experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certifications, with demonstrated results preferred
- Experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with machining – mill, lathe
- Quality audit exposure
- Experience with product launch within a manufacturing environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time