If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Manager – EDI Development in Eaton’s Enterprise IT, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Complete ownership of deliveries made by the teams reporting into this role ensuring the deliveries meet IT industry and Eaton standards that fit the requirements of the Eaton project stakeholders, customers and end users.
- Own and drive quality ensure quality of work deliverables.
- Manage proactive communication with business and other project stakeholders, that includes EDI integration implementation for all (Americas, EMEA and APAC) regions and business analysis for EMEA and APAC regions
- Prepare EDI integration team strategic roadmap and its implementation
This is a manager position managing two teams - 1. Functional analysis team for external information integration with Eaton's suppliers, partners and customers within EMEA and APAC regions. 2. Delivery team that implements external integrations for all regions (Americas, EMEA and APAC)
- Engages in development, design, testing and documentation of EDI interfaces as an Individual
- Performs review of team deliverables. Makes recommendations to team.
- Ensures quality delivery of team member’s deliverables in accordance to the plan
- Suggests and builds re-usable components
- Improves design knowledge through reviewing the designs of team members
- Is aware of and follows IT strategy in designing solutions. Guides the team on solutions
- Efficiently identifies solutions that will likely deliver the best results
- Help team members to evaluate work assignment and provide estimates for effort and schedule
- Looks for continuous improvement in development processes
- Plans and manages resources
- Prepares and manages performance measurement and evaluation of subordinates. Provides regular feedback and helps direct reports plan their career.
- Prepares for and participates in yearly performance review calibration sessions.
- Prepares for and participates in yearly organizational talent review sessions.
- Define and gather operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Helps define and communicate roles and responsibilities for project team members
- Helps develop communication strategies and leading communications with management and key stakeholders
- Works with team members to create goals and development plan and follow through it
- Reviews strategy and participates in preparing one for team
- Provides an understanding of both technology and business concepts and can articulate business processes. Recommends improvements to technical and business processes
- Consults with customers and IT managers to develop, define, and prioritize work assignments and work delivery
- Ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
Bachelor of Engineering/Technology
10+ years of IT Experience, 2-3 years of managerial experience, 5+ years of solution delivery experience in EDI using IBM Sterling Integrator
Good knowledge of SAP, Oracle, MFG/Pro ERP systems
Strong knowledge all phases of SDLC
Broad knowledge about various integration technologies including EDI
Must have knowledge of various Business Processes embedded across an Enterprise
Strong communication, influencing skills, change champion, dealing with ambiguity and courage, ability to work on multiple projects of varying scope and scale
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only