- Read and interpret drawings while ensuring assembly bill of material accuracy.
- Check parts picked/delivered to parts required. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with supervisor when required.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the internal KANBAN system.
- Assemble components ensuring proper torque of bus and phase connectors up to 70 ft/lbs.
- Apply consistency in assembly method for units or the same order.
- Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly by conducting Inspection for conformance to drawings and specifications, functional operation and appearance and making mechanical adjustments as needed.
- Check performance of completed components to ensure compliance to LVDA Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- Perform pack and ship duties.
- Work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- Inspect and verify incoming parts against paperwork or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged parts
- Input data of parts received into Oracle database to record receipt of material.
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a manufacturing environment or six months assembly experience required.
- Experience using Pneumatic tools
- Only candidates living within a 80 km range from our Milton plant will be considered for the role.
- Eaton does not offer sponsorship, only candidates that can legally work in Canada will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics is an asset.
- Experience in the assembly or repair of product preferred.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated experience of utilizing mechanical tools and measuring equipment required for assembly.
- Knowledge of CSA and UL code.
- Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No