Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Shawnee, OK facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Quality Engineer will lead the continuous improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing in support of the Eaton Quality System (EQS) and the Eaton Business System (EBS). In this role, you will drive the day-to-day plant improvement activities. You will direct and lead the activities of quality technicians assigned to production support.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide Quality Engineering expertise and assist our customers in support of existing and developing programs. Qualified candidates should possess strong customer interface skills with the ability to establish and maintain successful customer relationships.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and its suppliers to proactively assure that their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This includes the implementation and documentation of appropriate corrective / preventive actions.
- Determine process capabilities and identify improvement opportunities. Develop and implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) methodology throughout the facility. Use Six Sigma methodology and tools to solve complex problems. Apply the lean manufacturing tools as described in the Eaton Lean System.
- Drive operational improvements through the Corrective/Preventive action process (CARE and QAR process).
- Maintain currency in the body of knowledge for an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer.
- Apply EBS through the Eaton Business Excellence Award (EBEA) Process to drive improvements within the organization. Drive implementation of all the policies of the Eaton Quality System (EQS).
- Coordinate the Internal Audit program and follow-up on associated corrective and preventive actions.
- Complete the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), or similar systems (i.e. Initial Sample Inspection Report, First Part Sample, etc.), to assure that requirements are met in new or modified products, new or modified purchased components and new or modified processes.
- Contribute in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conduct training in quality-related topics throughout the organization.
- Develop implement and audit control plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions.
- Participate in the design of gages, measurement instruments and test equipment. Perform Measurement System Analysis (MSA) throughout the facility and recommend improvements in measurement methodology.
- Develop and execute supplier development plans and activities including implementation and maintenance of all aspects of the Worldwide Integrated Supplier Performance Evaluation Resource (WISPER) at the facility level.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum three (3) years of experience in a Quality role within a manufacturing environment
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the Unites States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Bachelor Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
Knowledge of and experience with various industrial manufacturing processes.
Very good understanding of variation reduction through the Six Sigma process and the linkage to formalized business systems, enterprise resource planning systems.
Good understanding of lean concepts, principles & tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Pull Systems and Standardized Work.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
Training or experience in most of the following: Phase gate type new product release processes, Lean six sigma systems, Quality management system standards, Web based supplier performance evaluation systems, APQP, various new part approval processes, various failure modes and effects analysis’, DOE, and SPC.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time