Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Our Centre for Intelligent Power located at Eaton’s global headquarters in Dublin, applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing groundbreaking technology that’s going to power next generation of futuristic products and services. Our multidisciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, UX/UI designers are developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning.
We’re continuing to expand the organisation and as a result we’re now recruiting a Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) who will report and work closely with the Product Design Manager to manage multiple projects involving UX research, UX Design and UI design.
Your key deliverables:
- Working closely with external and internal stakeholders and ensure on time delivery of projects to highest standards
- Working with the Design team manager to upskill/mentor junior team members and define team vision and goals
- Developing, maintaining and adhering to a style guide
- Understanding the business strategy and objectives behind the product and how that translates to design
- Working with the engineering and QA teams to develop and refine designs
Do you have?
- Degree in a relevant subject such as UX, Interaction or human centred design
- 5 to 7+ years of product design experience. A portfolio showing case studies of shipped products, clearly demonstrating problem solving skills from UX to UI phase is a must
- Experience working on B2B or B2C web sites especially in data analytics, data visualisation and or e-commerce domain are highly desirable
- Experience of having ownership of the full design process from research through synthesis & ideation, to UX & visual design and prototyping
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, Principle etc. is a must
- Advanced proficiency in tools of the trade such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Invision
- Good eye for design, excellent visualisation skills: understanding the impact of colour theory, styling and iconography
- Ability to do user research, UX design, UI Design and evaluate feedback
- Experience using Design Thinking methods of product developments
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience working in an Agile/ Lean environment
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No