Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Our Centre for Intelligent Power located at Eaton’s global headquarters in Dublin, applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing groundbreaking technology that’s going to power next generation of futuristic products and services. Our multidisciplinary team of data scientists engineers, UX/UI designers are developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning.
We’re continuing to expand the organisation and as a result we’re now recruiting a Software Development Manager who will directly manage our Data Engineering team and plan, monitor and appraise commercial software and platform-based project results. The role will focus on increasing and maintaining the organisation’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies and direct the delivery of technical work, commercial software, and outcomes aligned with the organisation's goals, strategies, practices and projects. The responsibilities of this role will extend to the recommendation of strategies, policies, and procedures through evaluation of organisation outcomes, identification of problems and opportunities, evaluation of trends, and contributing to the wider team efforts. The role will be responsible for the coaching, counselling and management of team employee relations in addition to identifying and supporting personal growth opportunities. The manager will be responsible for the selection, recruitment, orientation, and training of employees as well as maintenance of a safe and secure work environment.
Your key deliverables:
- Technical management of a diverse technical team focusing on the development and delivery of commercial software products
- Technical understanding of software development processes and lifecycles, product lifecycle from concept to pre-production systems
- Analysing information from a technical and business perspective both within the company and from an external research and development ecosystem perspective
- Informing the team and senior leadership regarding project progress and operational performance
- Staffing - including the selection, recruitment, and development of the team members
- Problem solving to help address technical blockers and maximise the efficiency of team resources
- Developing budgets and strategies for growth
- Coordination across a global team and diverse range of business units and stakeholders
- Strategic planning and organisation
- Quality management including presentation, reporting, software development lifecycle processes and associated quality metrics
Do you have:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a relevant business or technical field
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role in a technical and commercial software development team environment
- Embedded platforms and systems & software development tools and processes, Internet of Things, energy management
- Extensive knowledge of software tools for: project and issue tracking, code repository and version control, code coverage and static analysis, continuous integration and automated testing, open source management
- Ability to clearly present ideas and proposals to non-technical and senior technical audiences; time and people management; ability to navigate and prioritise competing priorities in a fast paced changing environment
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent.
Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time