Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an Oracle Data Base Administrator to join our Infrastructure, Platform, Architecture Center of Excellence (IPACOE) team. No relocation is being offered for this position. The candidate will be based out of the Moon Township, PA or Beachwood, OH facilities.
The Oracle DBA will manage and administer Oracle databases, Oracle E-Business Suite Applications and database networking infrastructure across Eaton. This role is responsible for process, standards, and performance of the database environment and their respective applications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will administer/manage technical Oracle and Oracle Applications systems per prescribed procedures
- You will use technical Oracle DBA skills and standard ITSM processes (Change, request, incident, problem management) for estimating effort and completing appropriate tasks.
- You will work with customers and vendors to understand application purpose and setup to help assess optimal options for Oracle database and applications installations, upgrades and/or moves.
- You will collaborate, build and maintain relationships with multiple technical groups.
- You will stay current on Oracle, Oracle Applications, and Eaton data center technology directions and capabilities to provide input to Oracle process and team improvements.
- You will assist with implementing Oracle Database environment improvements.
- You will update and promote established database and
application administration processes while keeping relevant
documentation up to date.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years’ IT experience
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of all aspects of Oracle database and E-Business suite architecture, administration, patching, backups, restores, installation, configuration and security.
- Experience with programming concepts and methods and strong desire to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience in understanding technical application architectures leading to appropriate Oracle database environment sizing.
- Understanding of relational data model concepts and ability to help define data fixes
- Ability to solve problems, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to peers, customers and management.
- Ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against business needs and choose the most effective solution, given technical merits, cost considerations, and manageability.
- Ability to create, read and modify Structured Query Language (SQL), database triggers, stored procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to do more complex instance and Query tuning.
- Understanding of basic instance and Structured Query Language (SQL) tuning.
- Working knowledge of the UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as UNIX shell scripts or python.
- Familiarity with Oracle ZDLRA or equivalent backup environments is a plus.
- Familiarity with automation frameworks like Ansible a plus
- Familiarity with Storage Area Network (SAN) environment concepts
- Working knowledge of Goldengate replication is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time