Eaton Hydraulics has an opening for a Lead Commercial Finance Analyst within Hydraulics America’s located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The Lead Commercial Financial Analyst works collaboratively with the Sales OPEX team, Field Sales community, FP&A, Operations and IT teams.
This role is viewed as a strong developmental role for future leadership in sales OPEX or Finance, has high visibility to leadership and provides an excellent learning opportunity on the front-end side of the Hydraulics Business. The role provides an opportunity to gain a broad understanding of our major customers, markets and products as well as how we go to market through pricing, rebate strategies and channel partnerships. The role is expected to drive significant improvements in our standard commercial reporting, our understanding of our front-end business dynamics and controls around commitments for growth and profitability. Through improvements in the quality and timeliness of our top line analytics & processes this role will be enabling sales, operations & finance to more quickly and confidently make the business decisions necessary to drive expected results. The ideal candidate is an emerging leader, energetic critical thinker, highly analytical, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and people capability to deliver results.
In this function you will:
- Own and drive monthly FP&A close, forecast and profit plan commercial reporting and analytics deliverables; Sales, margin, mix, rebates, pricing/RPV, non-standard credits / deductions etc...
- Lead process improvements for controls, reviews & lessons learned around critical front end processes; CAP, legal agreements and ad-hoc commercial agreements, credit processing etc.
- Establish standard costing methodologies for critical internal front-end decision making (pricing decisions, product analytics, cost out assumptions etc)
- Establish process to analyze D-List items, manage actions associated to the D-list items and roadmap to get off list or tie to key strategic decisions and track to reduce redundant analysis
- Define reporting to support forecast / PP visibility needs by product structure & customer structure (Ie to meet needs of Curt & Co for Global Product reporting align priorities with the regions). Support creating flexibility to breakdown our PP & Forecast to meet needs of the business (Customer/mkt segment, product, with market assumptions, Price, PANP… etc)
- Work closely with multiple stakeholder teams to specifically improve our reporting and analytics of actual vs forecast & profit plan for sales and margin by Channel, Customer, product etc. Work with cross functional teams to ensure we are fully leveraging all the new systems coming on-board that tie to this process (Systems: Demantra, OBIEE, C360, Synygy/Optymyze etc; Teams: demand planning, sales, pricing, opex, operations etc).
- Work with FP&A team to manage selling budgets (specifically as they pertain to large programs, non-standard rebate agreements, SIP payments etc…) and headcount. Improve quality of cost mapping to activity centers to improve transparency and ownership of individual budgets.
- Co-manage the identification, development and
transfer standard front-end processes to India
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Data analytics experience
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Strong written communication and oral communication skills required, must be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Results-oriented, dependable, and personally accountable for work quality and timeliness
- Focused, excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and organization savvy required: teaming, collaborating, coaching, challenging assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Ability to work independently and with a team; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Ethical; operates with high regard to integrity and trust
- Change agent; demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate waste; Six Sigma or Lean experience desired
- Business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Customer focus (internal and external customers)
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Systems skills/experience desired: Power BI, Cognos/OBIEE or another BI system and data warehouse architecture, Longview Solutions Khalix, SIP Incentive systems
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time