Eaton’ is currently seeking an Energy Manager to join our North American team. This position is based at our corporate office in Beachwood, OH.
This position will report into our Global Supply Chain Management Organization. This position is based in the United States, but will have in addition responsibility for Mexico, Canada and Caribbean. Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain North American Energy Engineer supports the development and deployment of the world class Energy Management program, including both supply and demand-side energy management practices. In this role, you will drive towards optimal conditions focused on (cost, environmental emission reductions, business continuity, and renewable energy) for energy demand management, strategic initiatives/programs and efficiencies can be identified
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Drive Continuous Improvement & Cost Out – Energy Engineering principles based on sourcing, demand management and renewable projects, plus on green energy sourcing/tariff and EAC's (GHG) Greenhouse Gas management, (CDP) Carbon Disclosure Project and other mandatory or voluntary carbon accounting practices
- Identify and deploy Best Practices pertaining to energy management
- Engage with diverse manufacturing processes, and applicability of energy management practices to drive efficiencies
- Preferred experience with ISO50001 Energy Management standards or Better Plants programs
- Energy Procurement experience in variety energy markets in North America sourcing both electricity, natural gas and industrial gases
- Track and record measurable statistics that impact business unit such as spend, spend under management, MBE spend, cost savings, cost avoidance, total cost of ownership, supplier performance, stakeholder satisfaction and other specific commodity measurements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years energy management experience (supply, demand-side or renewables)
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beachwood, OH will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering from an accredited institution
- Professional CEM, CEP or equivalent certification
- 5 years’ experience with energy management (supply, demand-side or renewables)
- 3-5 years prior experience with industrial gas contracting
- Industrial and/or plant operations experience
- Prior project management experience of cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the energy industry, North America including Mexico and ability to identify supply chain, technology, industrial gases and economic trends within the category
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in successfully deploying category strategies and driving cost-out initiatives
- Creative thinking skills to produce and promote new programs in category management and implement emerging tools
- Bilingual in Spanish
Position Success Criteria:
- Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with senior management, suppliers, operations and SCM personnel
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional / global teams
- Ability to influence and drive effective organizational change across impacted regions/businesses
- Ability to drive results via fact-based negotiations
- Ability to manage cost-out projects against scope, schedule and budget
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time