Eaton’s Hydraulic Division is currently seeking a Master Scheduler to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, Michigan location.
This position will process and schedule customer orders based on pre-defined criteria/constraints as defined by facility Leadership Team. This position works with cross-functional teams to understand material availability and lead times to facilitate demand scheduling. This role creates the White City (WC) inter-company orders through analysis of planning and impact on Jackson (JC) facility. This position works with manufacturing team to provide planning data for critical work centers to help drive resource allocation. This position acts as the primary contact for customer expedite requests and coordinates all appropriate resources to drive customer satisfaction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain a Master Scheduling Calendar to track number of cylinders and types of cylinders on each day.
- Assure that work orders are created to meet WC’s date and advise when there is an issue between what is required and our ability to provide it in a timely fashion
- Maintain reports that are distributed to Manufacturing to aid in meeting the required dates.
- Analyze inventory and safety stock levels for WC.
- Manage and maintain MRP parameters to meet inventory strategy.
- Enhance ability to plan at work center, and provide input to Manufacturing team for resource allocation.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Participate in Eaton continuous improvement programs and actively seek continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- Act as primary contact for customer expedite requests. Coordinate all resources to provide feedback that drives customer satisfaction.
- Backfill other SCM positions as applicable; special projects as applicable.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
- A minimum of 1 year in a Supply Chain role within a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited university
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, Michigan will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1 or more years of planning & scheduling experience from within a manufacturing environment
- MRP systems knowledge (CSE, Mfg/Pro preferred).
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials planning and inventory control processes
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Problem-Solving skills
- Teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- APICS CPIM Certification
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time