Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
EMEA Regional Lead & Category Manager- Directed Buy (Steel Fabrications and Stampings) & Forgings /Powder Metal Parts/Cold Forming
Location: Hungary - Budapest, Poland - Warsaw, Gdansk, BielskoBiala, Tczew, alternatively other EU location close to Eaton office
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The Regional Lead for EMEA region responsible for functioning in a Leadership Capacity to coach, guide, & train team members and deliver expected business results. This role is also accountable to ensure all regional goals are achieved for the Ferrous Metals team and acts as a local liaison for the Eaton Business relationships.
Manages Directed Buy spend (Sheet Steel) & Forgings/Powder Metal Parts/Cold Forming for the EMEA region at the Enterprise Level. Global Spend is approximately $80M of Raw Material (Directed Buy content) and the Forgings/Powder Metal Parts/Cold Forming spend.
Negotiates Commercial Pricing/ Long Term Agreements/MSA’s for supply for multiple EATON Suppliers and develops and deploys Commodity and supplier-specific strategies.
Your key deliverables :
- Works closely with assigned category suppliers as well as Distributors/Service Centers to make sure that Eaton plants are supplied at all times at the most competitive price.
- Negotiates and manages supplier contracts in the EMEA region in accordance with Global Practices
- Ensures that key metrics for the procurement function (Cost Out, DPO, Diversity Spend, etc.) are achieved.
- Develops and executes a Sourcing strategy for the EMEA Region in alignment with the Eaton Enterprise Strategy.
- Maintains high level relationship with suppliers/distributors/service centers, etc.and key stakeholders within Eaton.
- Reviews both economic and market trends and advises the businesses on best sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Ensures that high level of quality and deliver performance is maintained by suppliers and associated partners at all times.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on steel purchase / category management – than please apply.
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA Preferred)
- 5-6 years experience in category management / purchasing
- Background in Carbon sheet steel, Forgings/Powder Metal Parts/Cold Forming, and/or Steel manufacturing process including the Supply Chain structure & practices in Europe
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation, Data/Contract Management, Presentation and Influencing Skills, potentially Multi-lingual in European region
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time