Eaton’s Power Quality business is seeking an Engineering Intern to join our team! This position is based out of our Toronto, Ontario facility.
The primary function of the Engineering Intern will be to assist the Projects/Quotations team responsible for supporting our Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) projects in Canada. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about the Power Quality and Data Centre markets in Canada, be actively involved in creating CAD drawings, manuals, quotations, product brochures and sales tools.
• Preparation of proposal drawings – includes single line diagram, outlines and current ratings.
• UPS technical sales support.
• Preparing manuals and production schedule for large projects.
• Reviewing and modifying existing sales tools.
• Performing all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Values & Philosophy, Code of Ethics, as well as Environmental Health & Safety policies.
• High school diploma required.
• Enrolled in a College or University program in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
• 18 years of age by May 1, 2020.
• Experience in AutoCAD.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometres of Toronto, Ontario, Canada facility will be considered.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No