We are looking for a Logistics Manager LATAM based at our Valinhos site.
He/She will be responsible for:
Lead the Logistics Function for Latin America by supporting the development and execution of the logistics strategy in collaboration with Supply Chain goals and objectives. The logistics strategy is designed to leverage Eaton Corporation’s global logistics spend, optimize logistics provider’s performance, reduce total supply chain costs, while improving quality and delivery throughout the supply chain. In addition, this role will lead the coordination of Logistics sourcing for all modes of transportation for paid freight. This will include leading a Logistics Council in conjunction with Trade Management to build relationships with all plants while establishing integration and standardization of logistics activities and alignment with Eaton Corporation approved service providers and programs within and across business groups to reduce complexity. In this role:
- Advise Own Logistics Spend in LATAM which includes sourcing, freight bill payment, carrier management/ selection, and contract management.
- Develop metrics and manage scorecards for performance oversight of logistics service providers in the day-to-day operations – including contract administration and customer service issues.
- Leads proven problem solving and process improvements through six sigma applications and upgrading existing processes as well as deployment of new initiatives.
- Partnership with BU leads on financial reporting to include: spend, economics, Mix, and inefficiencies.
- Facilitate customer and preferred suppliers’ partnerships, cost-out strategies, and product design parameters in order to add value within manufacturing operations.
- Provide input to Global Logistics on LATAM needs and programs such as freight payment, cross docking, and carrier management processes. Also owns governance and adherence to processes within LATAM in partnership with BU leads.
- Manage logistics team in LATAM and facilitate cross-functional collaborations through team development to achieve the greatest outcomes in support of SCM strategic goals, objectives, and initiatives through measurable outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area
- Prior experience with logistics analysis and management
- Prior experience in trade compliance
- Prior experience in third-party logistics operations
- Prior experience leading people
- Prior experience working with cross-functional teams
- Structured negotiation experience including contract negotiation
- English - Advanced/Fluent level
- Spanish – Advanced/Fluent level
- Advanced degree in related field
- SAP proficiency
“When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. All our opportunities are for everyone, we don’t exclude any professional. If you fit the requirements and have availability for the indicated region, please, subscribe! Diversity is the key to achieve the best talents for our business and there are no limits for who is passionate about new challenges and experiences!”.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time