Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and System Division is currently seeking a Senior Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Warrendale, PA facility.
The Senior Technician is responsible for the safe assembly of the complete scope of products, providing technical assistance for Engineering and Manufacturing in the areas of assembly, new product design, customer problem resolution, maintenance, repair, training and modification, ensuring customer specifications are met, and assisting with all assigned projects. The desired candidate must be safety conscious, quality driven, self-motivated, detail oriented and very mechanically inclined. Strong written and verbal communications skills are preferred.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop an awareness of all safety process’ and procedures and perform all operations with the highest safety standards.
- Work from written/verbal information and drawings to assemble detail parts, sub-assemblies, and complete assemblies.
- Recommend changes pertaining to dimensions, fits, tolerances, finishes, configuration, material and processes of parts and assemblies to enhance the manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and improve the reliability and quality of the product.
- Ensure compliance to all related procedures and standards. Maintain tools, equipment, and facilities as directed by management. Complete assignments conscientiously with a sense of urgency and awareness of Customer/business commitments.
- List and report materials and products that fall outside of quality and performance standards to Production manager and/or Quality engineer. Assist others as required by work assignment to provide technical instruction and guidance.
- Encourage team concepts and engagement. Maintain a neat and orderly work area utilizing 5S+ principles.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Warrendale, PA facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution.
- Medium Voltage and/or Low Voltage breaker assembly experience.
- Experience with part and assembly drawings.
- Supply Chain experience.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills with heavy emphasis on good communication skills (Oral and written).
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be very data oriented with strong attention to detail.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No